Rhinestones, Swarovski rhinestone, sequin appliques, sequin trims, beaded trims, beaded appliques
Glitz & Glamour | 61 Betty Holland Rd. | Jackson, TN 38305 | (731) 427-9116 | | Mon-Fri 9-5 c.s.t.
This site uses SSL Security and ships exclusively with UPS.
TIPS FOR GETTING TRUE COLOR WITH RIT DYE
- Always follow manufacturer's care instructions for your fabric as well as RIT Dye package or bottle instructions.
- Remove stains on fabric with RIT Super Stain Remover or RIT Color Remover before dyeing to achieve uniform color results.
- Choose your colors. You can use one, two, three or as many colors as you like on one garment. However, if you use more than one color, it's usually best to start with the lightest color.
- Be sure to use enough dye for the weight or size of the project. For example, for a pound of dry fabric (about 3 yards), use one package of RIT powder or 1/2 bottle of RIT liquid in
3 gallons of water.
- Dissolve powder dye thoroughly in 2 cups of very hot water first to avoid dye spotting. Stir dissolved powder dye or well-shaken liquid dye into dye bath until evenly dispersed. Never pour liquid or powder dye directly on fabric.
- For the deepest color, use a water temperature of 140ºF/60ºC.
- When dyeing 1 pound of dry fabric of dark or bright colors such as Black, Dark Brown, Cocoa Brown, Navy, Purple, Aubergine, Wine, and Dark Green, use double the amount, or 2 packages of RIT powder or 1 bottle of RIT liquid, in 3 gallons of water.
- For best color results when dyeing fabrics containing cotton, rayon, ramie, or linen, add 1 cup salt.
- The longer the garment is immersed in the dye bath, the deeper the resulting color. Items can remain in the dye bath up to 1 hour as long as the water remains hot. You'll also have to make sure the item receives constant agitation or stirring.
- Garments will take dye differently due to their fabric content and weight.
- When you remove clothes from dye bath, rinse in warm, then cool water until water runs clear.
- Wash your clothes in cool water with detergent and then rinse thoroughly in cool water. Machine dry or hang dry.